You know, I have a HUGE confession to make.
When Shreya of http://shreyapunj14.wordpress.com posted a lovely little comment on my blog this afternoon saying she had a surprise for me, I simply had no idea what she could possibly mean. So I hopped on over to her blog, read the post she’d directed me to with her ping back and guess what, she’d won a Liebster Award!! Congratulations Shreya!
But, what the hell was one of those? I had no clue. Furthermore, as I continued to read gorgeous Shreya’s post (take a look at her profile picture – there has to be something wrong with her somewhere just to get the balance right…I mean, she writes beautifully, she doesn’t wear make-up…she is beautiful! She has to have knobbly knees or something, or have a wonky toe at least, just to make it even Stevens. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not wishing knobblyness on her, I never would, but some people just look so perfect!) I realised that she had nominated me, ME! as her number 9 for a Liebster Award!
As over the moon as I was to get an award, I still had no bloody idea what it was. Research commenced with fervour. It was then I found out the following:
I seems I have been nominated to receive the prestigious Liebster Award, an award given to a blogger with less than 200 followers. The nominator composes a list of 10 questions (though the amount of questions seems up for debate, I’ll stick with 10 as it is what I was given!) for a group of their favourite bloggers to answer, and the nominees then answer the questions in a new blog post. The idea being that it spreads the word about new blogs to enjoy I guess!
The rules are as follows:
1. Link back and recognize the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the ten questions given to you by your nominator (for me it was shreyapunj)
3. Nominate ten other bloggers for the award
4. Create ten questions for your nominees to answer
5. Notify your nominees
You may copy and paste the award on your blog!
So, here’s the questions shreyapunj gave me to answer:
1. Why did you start blogging and did you change tracks?
I started blogging because my head is full of shit that I don’t talk to people about. I needed an outlet, I’ve often been told I’m good at writing and after having some really down days and thinking ‘I wish. I’d started a diary when I was younger but I’m glad I didn’t because some arsehole would have read it by now’, I started Mrs All Screwed up!
2. Who is your favorite superhero?
She-ra The Princess of Power. Does she count? She’s wicked. I love her unicorn, Swift Wind.
3. What’s your favorite book?
Far too many books to even choose a favourite, but my favourite childhood book was The Magic Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton and when I was really, really young, Miffy books. Damn, that rabbit was cool.
4. What’s your favorite dessert?
Creme brûlée. Rice pudding.
Christmas pudding with brandy butter. Cheesecake with no topping. I have too many favourites.
5. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be?
Somewhere visually stunning and inwardly peaceful and calm and cleansing, like a Balinese retreat. Without the colonoscopy. Or I’d like to go to New York at Christmastime.
6. Who’s your celebrity crush?
My little bit of phwoar is…Idris Elba. Just look him up. Cream the knickers!
7. What’s your biggest phobia?
Now, I can’t write the word my phobia is that bad so it’ll have to be an anagram ok? Anseks. Can’t/won’t ever get over it.
8. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
The ability to control someone’s mind.
9. What’s one gadget you wished you owned?
A diamond maker
10. Your favorite day-dream?
I’m yet to have it…
Hooooookay! So, now I’ve answered the lovely questions above, it’s my turn to make some nominations of the brilliant bloggios I’ve been reading of late. Well, there aren’t any – you’re all CRAP! That is just SO not true! I’m assuming I can’t nominate my nominee, else I would so Shreya, consider yourself an honary nominataryarythingy.
First up for the Liebster Award is:
STOP RIGHT RIGHT THERE!
Something amazing has just happened and it has sent me into a bit of a tailspin.
I’ve been awarded a SECOND Liebster whilst in the middle of writing this post about my first Liebster! I’m so pleased!
But, now I’m in a quandary…what to do?
Do I write two separate posts meaning two separate sets of questions?
Does that mean I can nominate my nominees and therefore mean they will end up having to re-post another 10 questions each?
Where does this stop?! It’s like chain mail for bloggers! I must also be honest, I’m struggling to find bloggers I follow with under 200 followers, I’m that new to blogging myself…I’m on the cusp of cheating here and adding bloggers with over 200! *gasps of shock*
So, here’s my plan – I’m going to merge the two, and just hope I’ve got it right…actually, I don’t care if I haven’t, it’s my blog!
So, STEVE!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for nominating me for the non-diseased Liebster Award! I am very honoured that you like my blog enough to pin one of these about my person. You were on my list to nominate you the hell right back, but I can’t do that now can I, so I’ll just write what I had planned to write so you can see what I was going to, errrr, write?
Says Steve – http://stevemcp2002.wordpress.com/about/blog/ – makes me laugh, regularly, and he has this fascination with a mannequin that is quite amazing. Must read! Congratulations on winning your own
Without further ado, here are my answer to Steve’s questions:
1. What were you doing 5 minutes ago?
Flicking my bean. Only kidding but it sounded funnier than changing the smelliest, shittiest 2 year old’s bum.
2. What will you be doing in 5 minutes time?
Flicking my bean.
3. What’s your favourite time of the year?
Christmas – though it would be even better without wind and rain.
4. What time is your alarm clock set for?
5. Does your watch have hands or digital display?
6. What is your favourite past time?
It’s sad to say, but I’m so out of touch with ‘Me’ right now that I’ve forgotten the answer to that question.
7. What time were you born?
3:25am or something like that.
8. Are you a morning or evening person?
Evening without a doubt.
9. When was the last time you cried?
10. If you had a time machine where would your first travel be?
Gosh, what a question! Would I travel back to warn myself of future mistakes, or would I go further back to simpler times…I love the 1940s, 1950s…I’d love a time machine that could read my heart. There, that’ll do!
So, here I am again!
First up for the Liebster Award is:
1) 49 Hues of Crushed Raspberry – http://crushedraspberry.wordpress.com – doesn’t write often, but when this blogger does they makes me laugh many much!
2) My Doha Diary – http://mydohadiary.wordpress.com – another Middle Eastern expat, except this one doesn’t live in the shadows like I do. She has kids, she has a husband who is a pilot (like a lot of us wives do in this country) so, we’re pretty much in the same boat – we could actually be friends! Maybe I should stalk her…
3) A Little Typical – http://alittletypical.wordpress.com – has lots of lovely design ideas! Enjoy reading this blog!
4) Struggling With BPD – http://strugglingwithbpd.wordpress.com – I quite literally stumbled across this blog when I was feeling down and just starting out writing this blog. Don’t dismiss this blog just because it might not be something you are interested in – it really opens your eyes to how someone else feels sometimes, it’s straight from the heart. I like that and whilst I don’t have BPD, I can certainly identify with how this young girl feels somedays. This is why she gets a Liebster (and yes, I know she has over 200 follows…this is HARD dammit!)
That’s it. I actually follow no more people with less than, or close to 200 followers. They all have more the greedy, hard working beggars. So, I will update this post as time goes on. I won’t, but I will say I will now to get you lot off my back.
Here are my questions that you now need to answer oh four nominees! (How lacking was that?)
As a twist to this, and because I don’t have many nominees, I reckon Shreya and Steve should answer these questions too and either post the answers in a comment or re-post on their blogs!
1) What’s your favourite alcoholic/non-alcoholic/cocktail/mock tail beverage?
2) Can you play pub games and if so which ones?
3) Do you have a poisonous wart on the end of your nose? (You’ve not read The Gruffalo have you?)
4) Do you have a party trick and if so, what is it?
5) what is your favourite song?
6) Do you have a nickname?
7) What is your pet hate?
8) What is your favourite film?
9) Planes, trains or automobiles?
10) Do you know the phonetic alphabet?
Tadaaaa!! Finally finished!!